Operations Manager, Postmates Live
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives, with an insanely reliable on-demand “everything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of +200,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Brand and Communications team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand, progressive policymaking, and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
Postmates Live is a new company initiative that takes our product out to the real world and brings convenience to guests of live events around the country, from music festivals to sports games, concerts to conventions. We’re looking for an Operations Manager dedicated to bringing these event integrations to life. You’ll work closely with the broader Brand team to manage internal workflows, advance shows, and events with our partners, and coordinate on-site logistics. This will be a cross-functional role that will interact heavily with our merchant, bizops, experiential, and engineering teams.
You must be a fan of live events and have a passion for the entertainment industry. We’re looking for a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment across many internal and external teams. You’re organized and detailed, quick to learn technical and operational procedures, and are obsessed with the flawless execution of integrated brand activations. You’re calm under pressure and can multitask and lias between many teams at a time while braving crowds from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of people.
- Organize and execute flawless integrations with live event properties that bring Postmates to life in new and unexpected ways
- Act as project manager and coordinate resources cross-functionally and externally while managing deliverables for all resources involved
- Advance shows and game days on time and according to internal and external expectations
- Attend shows, games, and festivals to coordinate delivery of on-site assets and activation components
- Manage on-site staff and brand ambassadors on event days, ensuring workflows and responsibilities are aligned
- Daily and/or real-time reporting on event days to senior team members
- Financial reconciliation of events for external parties and internal budgeting
- Research and assess new ways to drive adoption at events
- 5+ years of professional events/experiential experience
- Proven success working with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail
- Very strong project management skills, creative thinking, and analytical ability
- Very strong written and verbal communication
- Willing to travel
- Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of People Operations
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Director, Revenue Strategy
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Websites and Digital Marketing
Notarize, Fairfax, VA
Staff SW Engineer
Visa, Denver CO, US
Optometrist (Part-Time), Third Ward
Warby Parker, Milwaukee, WI