Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives, with an insanely reliable on-demand “everything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of +200,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
As a Social Media Manager, you will play a critical role as the voice of our brand. You'll be expected to work independently while being proactive, opposed to reactive. You’ll be challenged and encouraged to think outside the box on creative and experiential ideas. You will play a key role in communicating to our customers and key stakeholders within the company, so you must be comfortable, confident and professional at all levels.
- Act as the Postmates voice to help position the company as a globally recognized and beloved brand
- Own the social media content calendar, working cross-functionally with the Brand Marketing and Growth Marketing teams
- Collaborate with creative agencies and in house designers, as well as work with content marketing brand leads, to produce unique social photos, videos and gifs-- that look like no other competitor.
- Engage with customers and influencers across Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Support nationwide social marketing campaigns which have a direct impact on growth and user acquisition
- Don’t be afraid to be edgy and take chances with social posts —with the goal of driving engagement and inserting our brand into relevant conversations
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives by using reporting and analytics
- Be an expert, staying up to date on social trends and tools, and providing recommendations on social executions for marketing campaigns
- Ensure all social media content is consistent with branding, positioning, voice and messaging
- Exercise strong judgement and be a content “guardian” to ensure the brand is always putting the best face forward for the company
- Monitor social channels for key issues and post timely key customer updates
- 4-6 years of social media and/or marketing experience
- Must be witty and not afraid to take risks (when it comes to voice and copy)
- Superb communication—you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hungry and an avid social media user; you’re on your phone-- Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat 24/7
- Pop culture obsessed, you are up to date with the latest pop culture phenomenons
- Exceptional social and data analysis skills with a good grasp of Twitter and Facebook insights
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Whatever computer, monitor, standing desk, keyboard mouse you need
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.