Director of Merchant Marketing
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is the leading on-demand delivery platform with more than 500,000 merchants, 350,000 fleet members (we call them Postmates) in more than 3,500 cities.
The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
We’re looking for a marketing leader to expand our efforts in connecting and deepening relationships with current and perspective merchant partners. Postmates has become more than a super power for consumers to bring them what they want and when the want it, it has become a powerful way for merchants to reach new customers and grow their businesses.
You’ll bring Postmates a wealth of endemic knowledge of the restaurant space or a proven ability to take an industry by storm. You understand how to work hand in hand with businesses to deliver new and innovative on-demand solutions to drive growth and attract customers. You should have a deep understanding of innovation in marketing and know how to align marketing programs to brand goals, planning cycles, quarterly and seasonal budgets and creative ideas.
You have an owner/operator mentality, this role requires a GM type of spirit to build, track, measure and optimize partnerships and use those learnings to roadmap and evolve the Postmates merchant marketing platform. You run towards data and analytics to tell stories and are equally comfortable in technical conversations as creative ones.
You’ve built and executed a marketing plan to make an impact in the restaurant industry. You can think strategically and work hand in hand with executives on how we’re going to approach a market and are nimble enough to be hands on and manage a team to execute your vision. You bring a “whatever it takes spirit” to accomplish our ambitious goals.
You’ll lead a team who are building best in class programs with merchant partners on the Postmates platform to push the creative boundaries and elevate Postmates strong reputation as a leader in innovative marketing solutions. Those programs will require both creative ideation, operational prowess, and analytical storytelling to show partners we can elevate their brand and their business simultaneously. You’re able to build concepts and Ideas that continually stand out.
- Build and execute the merchant marketing agenda
- Own the OKR development, tracking and reporting for the merchant marketing team
- Create the roadmap in partnership with product and engineering for the merchant facing product platform.
- Continually build and strengthen relationships with current and perspective merchant partners to understand their priorities and how Postmates can drive innovative solutions to meet their brand goals.
- Develop a merchant facing product marketing strategy
- Expand our leadership position within the industry through thought leadership, events, stunning collateral, and marketing partnerships.
- Drive marketing partnerships both creatively and executionally to make Postmates a household name and our merchant marketing programs our calling card
- This role reports to the head of brand and merchant marketing and is a part of our Marketing and Communications organization.
- Management experience required - teams greater than 6 people preferred
- 10+ years of experience in restaurant/enterprise marketing
- Proven ability to develop and execute differentiated marketing programs with strong case studies and examples
- You’ve provided cross functional and leadership teams reporting and tracking on a regular basis with succinct and action oriented messaging
- You’ve scaled a team inside of a high growth environment.
- You’re a cross functional maestro able to navigate across teams to accomplish your agenda.
- Comfort in technical conversations with strong analytical and data driven decision making experience
- You’ve created experiential marketing solutions which stand out in conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- Some travel required
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Samsara, San Francisco
Medical Staff Services Associate
Grand Rounds, Reno, NV
Product Owner - Experimentation (m/f/x)
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Field Manager - Boston, MA
Inspira Marketing, Boston MA, US
Senior Brand Designer
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco