Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives, with an insanely reliable on-demand “everything” network. We’re the first and leading on-demand space -- with a fleet of 300,000+ Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
Postmates is looking for a System Administrator who will be primarily responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and configuration of a broad array of IT systems throughout all Postmates offices. The primary areas of responsibility are LAN and WAN support, wireless network support, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and on-boarding/off-boarding employees.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a small and efficient IT team. You are comfortable supporting both networks and systems. This position will work closely with the senior members of the team to support and implement IT services.
- Responsible for the support of on-premise and cloud based servers. (i.e. VMware, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
- Responsible for maintaining the configurations of multiple firewalls, upgrading office firewalls
- In partnership with the facilities department, consult on and assist in building out and moving into new offices
- implementing infrastructure upgrades for our existing spaces
- Provide support to Postmates employees and contractors via in-person meetings, telephone calls, emails, and remote desktop sessions to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Experience with maintaining Active Directory
- Evaluate, test and implement vendor patches/upgrades for various hardware and software
- Conduct hardware and software reviews of systems to ensure compliance with established policies, standards and configuration guidelines
- Manage installations and secure configuration of Apple equipment with a wide range of SaaS based applications
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or IT related degree and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate with 5+ years’ experience
- LAN / WAN experience required
- Familiarity with change control concepts and procedures
- Approaches systems with reliability, security, and scalability as priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned projects
- Ability to work in a changing environment while maintaining quality and productivity
- Expert knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Proficient in at least one scripting language. (PowerShell, Python, Perl)
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor during difficult escalation situations
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support special events, system maintenance windows, office moves, etc.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Free Postmates Plus Unlimited
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.