Senior Battery Test Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
- Provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and outside) in setting up and executing environmental tests
- Prepare Design Validation Plans & Reports (DVP&Rs) for battery cells, modules and system, including detailed test procedures, timing plans
- Operate test equipment, interpret and validate results, summarize data and prepare reports
- Develop, write, and maintain operating and safety procedures for testing batteries; perform hazard assessments
- Create and write test scripts and procedures for automated control of tests using equipment user interfaces; troubleshoot and resolve test and equipment issues as needed
- Execute creation of Li-ion battery test procedure, characterization of battery performance under various test conditions,
- Inspect the quality of product
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance; make, repair, and reconfigure test leads and connectors
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc…
- Maintain cell test database
- Communicate results to the engineering team
- System analysis and requirement development
- Work with vendor to create and maintain development and validation time schedule
- 2 years minimum experience in battery cell validation in R&D, Production, or Engineering environment
- Working knowledge of major cell environmental test methods, including vibration, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, humidity, dust, electrical overstress, lifecycle testing
- Fluent in electrical/electrochemical evaluation techniques such as conductivity measurement, four probes technique, cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and battery cycling methods
- Familiar with glovebox operation and battery testing equipment, such as Maccor or Arbin
- Hands-on knowledge of Li-ion battery cell and process.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office just minutes from Caltrain
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.