From stories to sketches, prototypes to pixels, the Postmates Design Team crafts the experiences that bring a city closer together, empowering local commerce through a simple touch. As part of our rapidly growing team, you'll work closely with the founders and product team in crafting the future of the company. Specifically, as one of our dedicated Visual Designers, you'll be key in building the Design Team as well as the foundation for how we communicate with our customers, couriers, and partners that use our services. You'll be responsible for designing creative assets that help people connect deeply with all that their cities have to offer. As one of our Visual Designers you'll be working on customer-facing interfaces on mobile, web, and beyond. This also includes creative campaigns, educational resources, videos, and visual systems that support our brand identity. There is an emphasis on visual design for this role, but having UX and interaction design experience is also preferred. You’ll work closely with other designers to implement beautiful, intuitive experiences together.
- Collaborate with product and brand designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand expression
- Communicate new product features through landing pages, marketing emails, and in-app assets
- Produce and edit a range of visual assets, including photo retouching, icon creation, illustrations, etc.
- Manage the execution of typography, icons, logos, and assets for multiple platforms
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques
- Document the visual systems you build
- Foster a culture of design at Postmates
- Extensive experience designing engaging and beautiful visual assets across multiple platforms
- 3+ years experience in visual and interaction design
- Excellent proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Figma
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- You're more concerned with the 'why' than the 'how'
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.