Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Management System
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code for real-time embedded systems
- Participate in hardware and software systems design reviews
- Participate in hands-on hardware bring up, system debugging, and code optimization
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery control strategy
- Implement and integrate production code with code generation
- Support BMS hardware prototype verification and validation
- Develop safety-critical features like charge control, thermal control, fault detection, and diagnostics on BMS
- Develop requirements and unit tests for features modeled in MATLAB/Simulink
- Supports Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis, ISO-26262.)
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming platforms
- Familiarity with Python
- Expertise in model-based design using MATLAB/Simulink
- Strong background in object-oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
- Deep understanding of operating systems architecture and designs
- Low level driver development (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, ADC, PWM)\
- Experience with battery management systems and Lithium-ion batteries
- Experience with functional safety
- Demonstrated experience debugging software using CAN tools (e.g. Vector CANalyzer) and on-chip debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach TRACE32)
- Experience with RTOS programming and debugging
- Experience working closely with sensors and actuators
- Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or autonomous vehicles
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office just minutes from Caltrain
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.