Staff Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Management System
Postmates, San Francisco, CA
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Staff Control Software Engineer, Battery and Power System
WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code for real-time embedded systems
- Participate in hardware and software systems design reviews
- Participate in hands-on hardware bring up, system debugging, and code optimization
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery control strategy
- Implement and integrate production code with code generation
- Support power electronics hardware prototype design, verification, and validation
- Develop safety-critical features like charge control, thermal control, fault detection, and diagnostics on multiple hardware platforms
- Develop requirements and unit tests for features modeled in MATLAB/Simulink
- Supports Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis, ISO-26262.)
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming platforms
- Experience in both Linux system and RTOS
- Familiarity with Python
- Strong experience in power electronics, circuit design, and troubleshooting
- Expertise in model-based design using MATLAB/Simulink
- Strong background in object-oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
- Deep understanding of operating systems architecture and designs
- Low level driver development (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, ADC, PWM)
- Experience with battery management systems and Lithium-ion batteries
- Experience with functional safety
- Demonstrated experience debugging software using CAN tools (e.g. Vector CANalyzer) and on-chip debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach TRACE32)
- Experience with RTOS programming and debugging
- Experience working closely with sensors and actuators
- Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or autonomous vehicles
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive salary and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one