Director, Business Operations (Seller)
Postmates, San Francisco, CA
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
At Postmates, we’re building the future of commerce by using technology to connect local stores and restaurants with customers looking to save time. Working to solve some of the biggest urban logistics problems, we focus on closing the loop between merchants and the customers they’d otherwise be unable to reach. Postmates is growing rapidly and we are looking for seasoned leaders to drive our company towards success, while growing and leading a team of equally motivated individuals.
As a leader on the Business Operations team at Postmates, you'll play a central role in owning key business units and have end-to-end ownership of strategic projects from conception to planning to implementation. Your ideas will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have full ownership of the key initiatives that will shape the future of Postmates.
This role will be part of our Seller team, which focuses on our merchant partners, building the tools and solutions which enable them to sell on our platform and grow their business. This individual will work cross-functionally across Seller Ops, Seller Product, Business Development and other teams and will have a huge impact on the organization.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years experience across operations, business strategy and execution
- 2-3 years experience in consulting, investment banking, tech or operations
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, organized and analytical, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to hit deadlines and a comfort level with C-level presentations
- Minimum 3-4 years managing people/teams
- Masters degree (such as MBA, MS in quantitative discipline)
- Strong analytical background (Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Passion for logistics, operations, business strategy
- Postmates user
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous equity plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan
- 100% coverage for employees' medical, dental and vision insurance
- 95% coverage for dependents' medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days' paid time off and 7 days' paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state)
- 3 days' paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for parking or transit fees
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited
- Catered lunches, open snack bar and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive salary and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.