Strategic Finance Analyst
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities. We’re leading the on-demand space -- with a fleet of 300,000+ Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Finance & Business Strategy Team at Postmates works on solving key business problems to grow the business and impact the company’s financial performance. Our goal is to use data to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges and identify new ways to grow.
As a Strategic Finance Analyst at Postmates, you will drive critical financial insights for our executive team. You will own benchmarking and trend analysis of key financial metrics, including preparation of monthly reporting, ad hoc analysis and tracking of KPIs, to identify further areas of opportunity for the company. You will then partner with leaders across Growth, Product, Sales and Business Development to assess these opportunities and execute on ideas.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Strategic Finance and you will have end-to-end ownership of key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
- 2+ years of experience in strategy or analytics at a tech company, investment banking or management consulting
- Exceptional analytical horsepower; an Excel wizard
- Ability to both contextualize the big picture and get into the weeds
- A keen sense of curiosity and resourcefulness; thrives on tackling new challenges
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Top-notch communication skills, verbal and written
- Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline
- SQL knowledge required
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.