Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 300,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
Postmates is looking for a Paralegal to join its expanding Legal department! Our close-knit team is looking for another enthusiastic and capable member to help build out processes and provide exceptional paralegal support. We have an immediate need for support with sorting, saving, tracking, and responding to a myriad of legal notices and governmental requests. We also anticipate that the scope of the role will grow along with us. Our ideal candidate must be highly detail-oriented, proactive, efficient, and a team player. Your role will require high levels of independent work, but you will also need to take direction easily and maintain a sense of humor. Prior legal experience is preferred (ideally with litigation-focused law firm).
- Assist with labeling, saving, and appropriately routing incoming mail and other legal documents;
- Prepare and serve responses to agency requests;
- Coordinate cross departmental requests (e.g., Legal, Trust & Safety, Risk, Finance & Accounting, etc.);
- Assist in reviewing the validity of incoming data requests, track as necessary, compile data and prepare written responses for service;
- Assist with and/or prepare summaries and analysis of factual research;
- Provide compliance metrics reporting for litigation management.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and + years of administrative, legal, operations, project management or other experience requiring attention to detail, planning and time management;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Proactive self starter willing to take ownership of processes from end to end;
- Exceptionally organized, efficient, and articulate;
- Proficiency working with MacOS and iOS;
- Additional proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Box, Microsoft Office Suite, ZenDesk, and Salesforce;
- Team-oriented individual who is motivated to contribute to a fun and friendly environment;
- Seeking broader litigation and claim management experience;
- Impeccable integrity and judgment;
- Enthusiasm for Postmates.
- Casual attire, open space lounges, and regular catered lunches;
- Flexibility (occasional work from home, no billable hour requirements, and company wide events such as movie nights and bowling);
- Opportunity to build out processes from the ground up on a team that appreciates and encourages creativity, diverse voices, and new ideas.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.