Corporate Development Lead
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 400,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
As a member of the Business and Corporate Development team at Postmates, you'll play a central role in the expansion of the Postmates platform. Your goal is to identify, evaluate and make holistic recommendations for large-scale partnership and investment opportunities that will provide step-function growth potential for the business. You will also take on operational responsibilities supporting the planning and implementation of key strategic initiatives for the company.
Corporate Development at Postmates identifies, evaluates and executes acquisitions and other key long-term strategic initiatives for company growth and expansion. We are seeking a leader who can help establish and scale the Corporate Strategy team and function.
- Landscape industries and source & assess potential acquisition targets
- Work with Product & Engineering teams to identify potential gaps/accelerants in our roadmaps and perform build/partner/buy analysis
- Build deal thesis with cross-functional partners including Product & Engineering
- Lead deal negotiations, due diligence, integration
- Develop financial models including valuation models
- Synthesize and present recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and Senior Leadership
- Drive proactive assessments of trends/tech which impact the long-term trajectory of the company
- Build and develop connections with investors, startups and the broader company ecosystem
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting or Private Equity/Venture Capital
- 3+ years of relevant experience in corporate development at a top-tier technology company with meaningful deal-flow
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally and influencing others to drive long-term strategic initiatives and acquisitions
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and executive presence
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.