Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user-generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
As a Tax Analyst at Postmates, you will assist in various corporate compliance functions such as income tax, indirect tax, and tax information and reporting. You will also assist in data collection, data analysis, and documentation to build supporting workpapers, to accurately file returns in various jurisdictions, and to implement and improve processes within the functions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong initiative to problem solve, work with massive amounts of data, and perform data analyses. The candidate should have excellent organizational skills, data management skills, and proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets. The candidate should have experience with research and analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist in implementation of sales tax solution, Vertex, including mapping, product/ service taxability determination, testing, and tax research etc.
- Develop sales tax and property tax workpapers for compliance
- Support sales tax and income tax audits, inquiries and notices from taxing authorities
- Involvement with monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Work within various accounting and tax systems to download/upload data and reports, run queries
- Assist in the processes for 1099 reporting, fleet garnishments, merchant liens, and vendor liens
- Assist in tax computations and analysis for income tax provision, federal and state income tax filings, and various other taxes, including creating and maintaining supporting workpapers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Business or related field; tax knowledge a plus
- 3+ years of related experience
- Exceptional data management skills, data analysis skills, research and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Free Postmates Plus Unlimited
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager