Head of Talent Development
Postmates, San Francisco, Seattle
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 300,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
Postmates is seeking a creative and results driven Head of Talent Development to build and scale robust learning and development programs serving 1,300 employees across the organization. They will design and develop innovative learning solutions and facilitate programs across our learning and development curriculum, serving both managers and individual contributors. The Head of Talent Development will collaborate with cross-functional partners, customers, and vendors to drive learning strategies and initiatives to enable growth and development of our talent. They are someone who believes that learning never stops and sharing new knowledge is advantageous. This role will be a Center of Excellence within the People Team, reporting to the SVP, People.
The real upside of this role: this is a newly created/first time ever role for Postmates. This is a huge opportunity for someone who considers themselves a builder, and enjoys operating with open parameters. This person would set the strategy of learning & development and will have the ability to think creatively to develop all new programs. The organization is ready for this role and we are seeking someone who enjoys a highly impactful challenge and wants to be part of a forward thinking People Team.
- Focus on developing, leading and running people leadership programs, while continuously evolving the program to effectively grow and support our current and future leaders.
- Design, deliver and support innovative, scalable and relevant learning solutions using a variety of delivery modalities.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with People Business Partners and business leaders to gain a deep understanding of business demands and facilitate partnerships that enable successful learning outcomes.
- Create and implement compelling internal marketing campaigns that generate enthusiasm and traction of L&D programs.
- Report and communicate on L&D performance metrics to all key partners and make improvements based on results.
- Conduct periodic needs assessments to under the learning needs and desires of our talent.
- Ability to hire, and manage a team of Program Managers to execute on vision and strategy
- 8-10 years of Learning and Development experience.
- Technical/professional expertise in the areas of adult learning, manager development and instructional design. Experience with Organizational Design and Talent Management a plus.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing manager training programs with clear success metrics. Experience training engineers and highly technical employees a plus.
- Be a strategic thinker with an ability to provide creative solutions, maintain a forward thinking approach and stay up-to-date on the latest L&D trends.
- Strong end-to-end program management experience.
- Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in building and scaling learning and development programs for an organization.
- Experience with the LMS (Learning Management System)
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters Preferred
- Experience in the Technology/start up a huge plus
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Paid parental leave, unlimited vacation time and sick time.
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Stork, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.