Manager, Business Operations & Strategy
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
At Postmates, customers are the center of our business. Our customer support team delights customers by providing fast, consistent, and world-class customer service from highly skilled agents using powerful tools and systems. We want all of our customers to have a high touch, personalized service experience and you’ll be at the forefront of understanding how. You will use your full toolkit -- SQL, business analysis, financial modelling -- to report out what’s happening and recommend what to do next. Your goal is to use data and sound business judgement to develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business. In this role, your ideas will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of the key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability.
We’re looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity who is always asking why. Someone who can translate simple questions into complex analysis and translate them back into straightforward language. We love learning, and we expect that you will learn new things and teach us new things as we revolutionize the future of customer service.
- 5+ years experience in an analytical role in tech, consulting, finance, operations management, and marketing.
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation.
- Expert quantitative analysis; expertise in SQL and other analytical tools.
- Spreadsheet Pro -- you coast through sheets like John Legend on a the piano
- A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Demonstrated experience in translating data into decision-ready insights
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- Postmates user
- Degree in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics)
- Experience with financial analysis
- Consumer tech experience
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.