Senior Engineering Manager, Site Reliability
Postmates, San Francisco, Santa Monica, or Bellevue
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
- Use strong communication skills to work independently to oversee the writing of code to help scale user applications and identify patterns, tools and processes to increase our performance and reliability.
- Utilize technical knowledge and experience with complex systems and performance to maintain and enhance the company's platform.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of the core infrastructure for running application and backend services.
- Provide overall analysis and monitoring application performance and metrics.
- Level and eliminate application and system redundancies.
- Monitor service levels of other Engineers to ensure best quality performance for users.
- Ensure the scaling and maintenance in PostgreSQL database.
- Utilize Python, Go, Django, PostgreSQL, Memcache to develop and test operating system and infrastructure.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other engineers regarding topics such as UNIX Operating Systems, system networking, application and system optimizations, and application and system level security.
- People Management, recruiting, retention, culture on team.
- Give performance feedback to direct reports, providing guidance on day-to-day tasks.
- Master's degree or U.S. equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field, plus 3 years of experience in software development. (In lieu of a Master's degree plus 3 years of experience, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree or U.S. equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field, plus 5 years of experience in software development.)
- Must also have the following: 3 years of experience in performing all of the following: application scaling, performance analysis, optimization and monitoring; application, system and regional redundancies analysis; and continuous integration and deployment.
- Any experience managing software engineers.
- Any experience utilizing Python, Go, Django, PostgreSQL, Memcache to develop and test operating system and infrastructure.
- Any experience providing guidance to other engineers regarding: distributed systems, UNIX operating systems, system networking, application and system optimizations, application and system level security.
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave.
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Reliability Engineer - Studio & Corporate Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Angeles, California