Senior Engineering Manager, Fleet
Postmates, San Francisco, Santa Monica, or Bellevue
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is disrupting local commerce by making everything in your city available to be delivered in minutes. This has unlocked on-demand local shopping — providing consumers the convenience of super fast delivery for the largest selection of goods (anything in the whole city!); the benefit and scale of e-commerce for local merchants; and more flexible work for couriers.
This is a tall order, and Postmates relies heavily on our engineering applications and systems to realize this vision. Even though we are already a billion dollar business with millions of customers in 3000+ US cities trusting us with more than 2M orders every month, we have only just started our technical journey to build our technology stack in a way that can keep up with our rapid growth.
What we do
The Fleet Core team is responsible for the entire product offering for our Postmates. This includes the mobile apps utilized to fulfill deliveries, the backend systems that power our financial transactions, to the technologies powering our network such as dynamic heat maps, automated incentives, fleet communications, etc. This suite of products and technologies is the primary driver of route efficiency and customer reliability for the company, and enables us to provide a world class experience for all sides of the market.
What you’ll do
As a Sr Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading one or more teams of engineers on all aspects (client, frontend, backend) of product development. You will partner with product management, data analytics, business operations and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your teams. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they execute well everyday. Finally, as we’re scaling explosively, you’ll have lots of opportunities to build & grow the teams via hiring & mentoring.
To accomplish this, you are expected to have an established background in building high-performing teams developing highly scalable systems and delivering cross-functional initiatives. You should be somebody who enjoys recruiting & coaching, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in building impactful and technically complex software systems
- 5+ years of progressive experience in managing and building engineering teams
- Proven expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track record delivering results at high speed and quality
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience building delightful client applications
- 2+ years of experience in delivery, logistics, or transportation products
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tasty, healthy lunches and snacks (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Backend
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA - Mountain View, CA - New York, NY - San Francisco, CA - Seattle, WA