WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates’ Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst that will enhance our financial planning and analysis capabilities, involving everything from creating the company’s monthly financial forecast, managing data and presenting insights to senior leadership. This person will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
This critical position will be responsible for the preparation of key monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis during major planning cycles, tracking of KPIs and creating dashboards and tools to review existing and new initiatives. As a Finance Analyst, you will help us unlock insights from an enormous consumer, commerce, and logistics datasets. You will use your full toolkit - Finance background, SQL query writing, data analysis and synthesis -- to report out what's happening and recommend what to do next. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability. We will implement your ideas.
- At least 3 years of finance work experience
- BSc in an analytical field required
- SQL database experience is a plus, including database management and query design
- Strong modeling skills, an Excel wizard
- Exceptionally detail oriented, able to execute big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Curious and scrappy, approaching questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically
- Highly motivated, enjoy working in teams and thrive working independently
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.