Senior Merchant Strategy Analyst
Postmates, San Francisco, CA
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Business Development at Postmates
We’re passionate about empowering the people and merchants we work with every day to thrive. We’re driven by our relentless focus to uncover opportunities that will help merchant partners unlock the value of our revolutionary logistics platform while amplifying the positive impact we have on the local businesses and communities we work with.
The Postmates Merchant Business Development team is looking to build a strategy function to help support the Enterprise, Mid-Market team and Account Management team on their largest and most complex assignments. You will be the thought partner for senior sales leadership and identify opportunities that will drive revenue growth through improved sales productivity and customer value. You will be managing a team dedicated to scaling out the Postmates Merchant Business. This role will be rolled up into the Director of Merchant Business Development and Strategy. If you are data-driven, enjoy being an strategic thought partner, an operator, and have remarkable relationship-building skills this role is for you.
- Be a part of a team of high-performing strategy & operations associates
- Be a thought partner to business development and account management executives, managers and associates
- Drive strategic and data-driven layer across the full-sales cycle as well as revenue expansion post-close for all Postmates future and current merchants
- Identify trends in our industry from internal and third-party resources and convert them into an actionable plan
- Build models and conduct financial, strategic and operational analysis to develop a comprehensive business case on new business or expand current business
- Drive and present insights gained from structuring large data sets, reviewing 10-K and earnings reports and other industry-relevant research
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to inform analysis
- Work with other associates and analysts and bring back learnings to team
- Help drive and develop OKRs, KPIs etc
- Tell stories with data
- 2-4 years of experience in strategy and operations, banking or consulting; management experience, high-growth startup experience is preferred
- Experience driving multi-stakeholder projects in a high-growth, fast moving environment
- You are an excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets or assignments; SQL is required, Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Enjoy being an Operator- Enjoys owning impactful projects and aggressive driving quarterly KPIs
- Have an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy work environment
- Enjoy and be passionate about finding ways to improve the company
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
The best bed for better sleep