Release Program Manager
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Hardware, Software, and Apps for a connected merchant experience
- Maintain, communicate, and enforce a published release schedule internally and with partners
- Enable release tracking data in Jira and other tools as the single source of truth
- Refine, maintain, and monitor release criteria (i.e. go/no-go decision metrics) during ramp
- Capture and communicate releases across all delivery methods (i.e. Web, Cloud, API, and OS/ FW app)
- Actively engage and maintain a working relationship with team leads, management and provide regular updates up and across the organization on releases
- Proactively manage and mitigate any obstacles blocking or slowing down the release process and quality of releases
- Build and maintain a trusted and cooperative relationship with all customers, internal or external
- Actively help improve the agile product delivery process
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills, dealing with multiple teams / tasks concurrently and in cross-functional environments
- Solid experience and strong technical background working closely with software engineers, product managers, and UX designers
- Experience with agile product development; Scrum Master certification or equivalent is a plus
- Experience in continuous improvement of the release management function
- Strong experience with productivity tools such as G Suite, Jira, Slack, Github, Jenkins, or equivalent
- 3+ years of program management experience in fintech
- Experience in B2B, SaaS, and/or PaaS, preferably dealing with merchants and other key participants of the Payments industry
- BS or better degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, or related areas
Our company was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. Our mission is to fix a broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform.
We were launched in 2013 by Osama Bedier, former head of Google Wallet. We are backed by Matrix Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, Webb Investment Network, Nyca Partners, Google Ventures, and other individual investors.
Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from payments, VC and tech - many of our colleagues have worked at some of the Valley’s most iconic companies.
Want to learn more about Poynt? Visit Poynt's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.