Reverse Logistics & Repair Services Manager
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Hardware, Software, and Apps for a connected merchant experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a strong understanding of the Reverse Supply Chain landscape in order to gauge emerging competitive service options and lead RFQ for potential reverse logistics vendors
- Maintain an acute awareness of the competitive landscape to gauge, expand or improve reverse logistics options that the organization can leverage to maximum customer experience and profitability
- Create vision and lead the implementation of systems to support global reverse logistics solution, including warranty database, screening results, repair results and inventory levels of product
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate global reverse logistics operational execution, profitability and warranty reserve of existing and new product portfolio, driving KPI performance
- Develop business relationships between Poynt OEM vendors, suppliers and 3rd party repair vendors. Negotiate contracts and pricing.
- Bridge the gap between Poynt engineering and 3rd party repair vendors on product changes, ECO implementation, rework & material disposition, manufacturing assembly & test process changes
- Receive, process, track, and report customer returns while establishing automated global reverse logistics solution.
- Track and management the movement and status of inventory between various Poynt, customer, and vendor sites
- Institute customer-facing order tracking application.
- Establish, maintain, and report relevant KPI metrics.
- Reverse logistics contract oversight both internally and externally, including KPI reviews of support operational metrics, rBoM cost review and sales forecasts
- Create a value add product refurbishment and recovery strategy including refurbishment programs through differentiated service levels to customers (warranty contracts). Monetize Poynt’s asset recovery & customer service up-sell program.
- Responsible for annual warranty reserve and support budget, accountable for the financial and operational performance of 3rd Party Service Providers (3PSP) and reverse logistics costs globally as well as understanding and managing the impacts of rBoM costs and sales forecasts.
- 10+ years of working experience in reverse logistics and/or relevant supply chain experience
- 4 years of project management experience
- Experience in launching and managing decentralized repair centers and managing site operations
- Broad understanding of electronics, technology and payments industries
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Flexibility and confidence working in a quickly changing environment
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure in dynamic environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing and repair sites to work face-to-face with the local teams at key points in the product development cycle
- BA/BS degree preferred, equivalent practical experience considered
Our company was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. Our mission is to fix a broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform.
We were launched in 2013 by Osama Bedier, former head of Google Wallet. We are backed by Matrix Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, Webb Investment Network, Nyca Partners, Google Ventures, and other individual investors.
Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from payments, VC and tech - many of our colleagues have worked at some of the Valley’s most iconic companies.
Want to learn more about Poynt? Visit Poynt's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer in Test, Innovation (REF20464F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY