Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Hardware, Software, and Apps for a connected merchant experience
- Experinece with large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Understanding of the Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, multi-layered security
- Knowledge with web application servers (Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss), Spring, JPA, Hibernate
- Previous touch points of messaging systems and asynchronous processing
- Experience or knowledge of OO, DI, IoC design patterns
- ISO8583, AWS, Jenkins, CI/CD, Couchbase, Cassandra, Storm, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, NIO, JSON schema, JWT, Maven, Nginx, Android, GoLang
Our company was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. Our mission is to fix a broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform.
We were launched in 2013 by Osama Bedier, former head of Google Wallet. We are backed by Matrix Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, Webb Investment Network, Nyca Partners, Google Ventures, and other individual investors.
Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from payments, VC and tech - many of our colleagues have worked at some of the Valley’s most iconic companies.
Want to learn more about Poynt? Visit Poynt's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos