Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Hardware, Software, and Apps for a connected merchant experience
- Work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Lead the standardization and optimization of the test processes.
- Prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a regular basis.
- Work closely with contract manufacturers and repair partners to ensure the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. Track, measure and report test results for production builds and field returns.
- Make recommendations to design & test coverage / method improvement.
- Conduct detail product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions.
- Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes.
- 7+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing, preferably in smartphones, tablets, and/or payment terminals.
- Excellent understanding of electronic assembly and test processes.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skill with good spoken and written English.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.Project management and people management will be a bonus.
- Proficient in computer architecture, C / C++, Python, UNIX shell, and Android SDK.
- Strong experience and abilities with test automation and writing test scripts.
- Service and repair experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing and repair sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering
Our company was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. Our mission is to fix a broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform.
We were launched in 2013 by Osama Bedier, former head of Google Wallet. We are backed by Matrix Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, Webb Investment Network, Nyca Partners, Google Ventures, and other individual investors.
Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from payments, VC and tech - many of our colleagues have worked at some of the Valley’s most iconic companies.
Want to learn more about Poynt? Visit Poynt's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Growth
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
App Annie, Beijing
Sr. Software Engineer (C++)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Data Platform Insights
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Senior Research Engineer - Simulation
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley