VP of Product Design
Presentation software that brings your ideas to life and makes you a great presenter
Prezi is hiring a VP of Product Design to lead and inspire product design and usability across the Prezi Platform and user workflows and help us shape Prezi’s exciting future by redefining the way ideas are developed, presented, and shared. This role is based in Budapest, Hungary and has teammates and stakeholders global including our Riga and San Francisco offices.
Prezi is a visual communication platform that helps customers craft and deliver engaging and meaningful presentations, infographics and videos in business and education. We believe in the power of visual communication and that creating beautiful, dynamic, visual content should be a simple and fun experience, even for people without design experience. With the worlds’ largest library of reusable presentations, Prezi is also an important resource of knowledge and visual building blocks for learning, research and content creation.
Our Product Design team’s key responsibility is to collaborate with product management and engineering to envision and deliver seamless end-to-end user experiences that delights and empowers our users. The team currently consists of 9 product designers in three locations (Budapest, Berlin and Riga).
Exciting candidates will have a deep interest in visual communication, skill in delivering ease of use in complex solution spaces and mass market products. We appreciate pragmatic design leadership with a trusted consultant’s mindset. Our priorities for this role: 1) operational prowess of systematizing design initiatives and delivering user impacting results 2) leading during a company transformation phase from a single product to a suite of products with thoughtful user experiences that connect, 3) developing a team and design practice in a global organization, and 4) joining into and collaborating with company leadership on future strategy setting.
Does it sound like your kind of fun? We’d love to hear from you! Based in Budapest, you’ll report to the President/CPO.
As a VP of Product Design, you will work on:
- Overseeing and leading product design work across the whole product experience and platforms (web, mobile apps, desktop apps), making sure designs align with design vision, principles, visual quality and usabilty standards. Offering regular feedback and guidance on emerging work
- Overseeing and managing workload of designers, proactively works on resolving blockers and capacity issues
- Mentoring and upskilling product designers through regular 1:1 meetings
- Facilitating team meetings, design studios, design critiques, design sprints and workshops
- Managing the hiring of top product design talent: defining hiring criteria and process, drafting job descriptions, running interviews and evaluation of candidates
- Managing merit and promotion cases including the competency framework for product design levelling
- Managing team budget and resourcing
- Collaborate closely with marketing on shared design problems such as Prezi.com homepage
- Collaborate closely with brand on design vision, principles, artefacts tooling, and operations
- Joining into and collaborating with company leadership on future strategy setting
- Representing customer needs and being a passionate advocate for high product quality and usability standards
- Building Prezi’s design culture company wide: evangelising user focused design and design thinking methods internally in Prezi
If you have:
- 12+ years of experience in Product Design
- Solid portfolio of earlier ideation, interaction and UI design, prototyping work on complex user flows and interactions experience. Preference is given to work on products involving multiple platforms, multiple product lines / workflows, multiple personas,
- Solid experience with customer facing design discovery and validation methods (working with UX research, data, customer support, customer success and sales)
- Solid understanding / position on effective contemporary design tools, methods, systems, processes and experience in implementing these
- Experience running / facilitating design workshops / sprints
- Proven track record of delivering successful products across multiple platforms with outstanding, easy-to-use end-to-end experiences leading a team of 10+ product designers. Preference is given to geographically distributed teams
- Proven track record of professionally maturing, motivating and elevating product design teams as a manager and building a design culture of innovation and learning
- Strong personal and professional interest in the past, present and future of visual communication. Strong visual communication skill set including presentation, white boarding, visual storytelling, diagramming, organisation, process and data visualisation.
- A consultant’s mindset: experience of working with busy and confident high level stakeholders, translating and working through their priorities to create a product design vision that puts user needs front and center
- Working in effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders at the cross section of engineering, business and product. Preference is given to working across different time zones
- Experience of working in agile, cross functional environment. Preference is given to background in SAAS, office productivity, visual communication, design tools, enterprise grade software products
- Willingness to relocate to Budapest
- Willingness to travel 6-10 times a year visiting offices in Riga, Berlin and San Francisco
then we would like to talk to you!
The best part: Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about this opportunity, Prezi the company, Prezi Values (We Care, We Team and We Picture) and experience the magic of Prezi the product have a look at this prezi https://prezi.com/p/f4faf_qgdjce/bp-vp-of-product-design
Prezi is the cloud-based presentation platform that helps you connect more powerfully with your audience. Unlike traditional slides, Prezi’s open canvas allows you to navigate through topics freely, encouraging interaction and collaboration between you and your viewers. The result is conversational presentations that are more natural, more engaging, and more memorable.