Full Stack Developer - Budapest
Presentation software that brings your ideas to life and makes you a great presenter
We're looking for a developer interested in writing and running the mission-critical payments-related services of Prezi and building forward thinking web experiences and interactions for our users. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a growing start-up, building things millions of people will see everyday. You will experience and experiment with new technologies and work with a group of people whom you can learn and keep pushing things forward. This position is located in our Budapest office.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on the growth of the whole product
- Working in a small, cross functional team with other engineers, designers, data analysts, marketing, product managers.
- Creating customer facing applications
- New technology and design
- Working in a challenging, fast paced and always changing environment.
- Working with big data
Challenges you will be working on:
- Participate in building a microservice architecture which scales, routes around failure and lets us build complex systems out of small components as well as maintain existing web applications.
- Run everything into the cloud (AWS).
- Rethink the assumptions that no longer hold in our current architecture.
- Learn a lot about how a payments system works and it’s unique challenges.
- Open source some of the awesome things we’re working on.
- Develop and maintain existing backend services (mostly written in Python) to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure enough for our many million users.
- Developing high fidelity functional prototypes to validate growth initiatives
- Pro-actively enhancing our web platform
- 2+ years experience in developing web applications and web services (e.g. Python/Django, Scala, RoR)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge of web standards and modern browsers (HTML5, CSS)
- Passion for clean, maintainable code
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications
- Passion for user-centric interface design
- Familiar with scaling online marketing systems (SEO, SEM, and email marketing, amongst others) nice to have.
- Experience with 3rd party integrations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Great communication skills in English
Prezi is the cloud-based presentation platform that helps you connect more powerfully with your audience. Unlike traditional slides, Prezi’s open canvas allows you to navigate through topics freely, encouraging interaction and collaboration between you and your viewers. The result is conversational presentations that are more natural, more engaging, and more memorable.
Want to learn more about Prezi? Visit http://prezi.com/
Jobs You May Like
Oracle Cloud Support Analyst
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Data Infrastructure Engineer- Cassandra
Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer – iOS
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior Front End Developer - Financial Services
Slack, Dublin, Ireland