Senior Security Engineer
Presentation software that brings your ideas to life and makes you a great presenter
Are you interested in designing and improving the security architecture of Prezi in order to protect the data of millions who are using our cloud productivity tool? Then read on…We're looking for someone to join our Engineering team at Prezi as a Senior Security Engineer.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Prezi your primary goal would be to support other teams to mitigate security risks effectively by building security mindset deeply into the organization. During this journey on a daily level you most probably will need to:
- be there whenever someone in the organisation has a security related question,
- execute security architecture reviews on new developments and together find solutions which maximise security while still ensuring efficiency & usability,
- review flagged code and infrastructure changes or other events from security perspective,
- share your experience by mentoring other security engineers in the team,
- script & automate whatever can be automated
Some of the challenges we are facing today are:
- automated security monitoring and hardening of a shiny new Kubernetes environment
- building up and maintaining a strong and effective security championship program
- implementing meaningful automated security controls in line with agile practices, devops, and SOC2
Based in our Budapest Office, you’ll report to Misi, Engineering Manager of the Security Team
“ I love working together with the team to cover all the aspects of security like reacting to potential incidents, developing tools and sometimes complex services in python for detecting risks, integrating different security products, evangelizing security internally and tweaking company-wide processes to maximize our impact. I believe working with so many things and keeping focus can be super challenging and to be honest sometimes even frustrating, but it definitely gives the opportunity to learn every day.”
- have 5+ years of professional security experience working in either on defensive or offensive side
- know the ins and outs of typical application & infrastructure security vulnerabilities and their mitigation methods
- get enthusiastic about looking at plans, code and in general anything with the “what could go wrong” lens
- are confident reading and understanding others’ code to spot potential issues
- used scripting languages (e.g. python) to make your life easier
- are comfortable in a linux console
- think critically and are ready to challenge the status quo in a constructive way
- have strong English communication skills, both spoken and written
then we would love to hear from you!
Bonus if you…
- have experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- have experience with developing software, clean code, writing tests
We offer a competitive salary, a culture where you can be yourself, flexible working hours in our beautiful office environment, free high-quality food in the Prezi Bistro, a relocation package, paid trips to professional conferences, Prezi Daycare for children, and much more.
The best part: you’ll be part of an awesome team that highly appreciates visual communication, believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and cares deeply about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We’re looking for people who can bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire audiences.
If you’re passionate about visual communication, love being part of a team, and care about those around you, we want to hear from you asap!
If you are interested in more detail regarding what the Security team at Prezi does or did, here are some links to our open source projects, blog posts, and presentations:
- [presentation]What we learnt from running our Security Operations Center @ BSidesLjubljana 2017
- [tool]Reddalert to detect risky security changes in AWS
- [tool]Repoguard to check and alert on any change in git repositories which might be interesting
- [blog]How we defeated Heartbleed
- [blog]Story of an awesome bugbounty submission
- [presentation]Security alerts that are worth a phone call @ Hacktivity 2014 (video)
- [presentation]Scaling Security @ Confidence 2014 (video)
To learn more about this opportunity, Prezi the company, Prezi Values (We Care, We Team and We Picture) and experience the magic of Prezi the product have a look at this prezi https://prezi.com/p/dwcaxnw6otxb/bp-security-engineer/
Prezi is the cloud-based presentation platform that helps you connect more powerfully with your audience. Unlike traditional slides, Prezi’s open canvas allows you to navigate through topics freely, encouraging interaction and collaboration between you and your viewers. The result is conversational presentations that are more natural, more engaging, and more memorable.