- Report to the director of paid media and develop Priorities USA’s top-level creative POV.
- Build and run an in-house creative team, including designers, copywriters, video producers and editors, and production/project managers to tell innovative, compelling, and persuasive stories to diverse audiences across platforms (digital and TV).
- Based on strategy and message direction from strategy director, manage and collaborate with creative team and creative consultants to execute a corresponding creative vision.
- Oversee production budget and relevant operations, including creative consultants, payroll for freelancers, negotiating rates of pay, and video/photo shoot resources and needs.
- Partner with paid media leadership team and director of operations to build processes for cross-team communication and moving creative assets through approvals.
- Use performance data and ongoing qualitative and quantitative research to refine campaigns over time.
- Look for opportunities to streamline creative production across campaigns and audiences.
- 5+ years working on interdisciplinary creative teams.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—video production, interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, new platforms and technologies — as well as the creative process.
- Proven management skills and experience: You know how to make sure no creative talent goes to waste. You’re skilled at discerning team members' strengths and where they can grow — and know how to help them develop skills, channel creative ideas, and achieve their goals.
- You know how to communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Ability to lead an effective ideation process, push the team creatively and guide them with pieces of inspiration to help them figure out how to think about campaigns. You know how to filter ideas and shift the ideation structure as necessary to help the team generate their best ideas.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs. As timelines, budgets, and availabilities change, we need someone who can roll with it.
- A portfolio that demonstrates vision, creative range, and ability to manage and execute projects of all shapes and sizes.
About Priorities USA
Americans know what their priorities are: They want opportunities for themselves and security for their families. They don’t want to go broke when they get sick. They want to know that someone’s listening to them and fighting for them, and they want their voices to be heard in a political system that attacks their voting rules and is ruled by special interests. Progressives fight for these values every day, and to support that fight Priorities USA is building permanent infrastructure to engage Americans of all backgrounds at all times — not just on the eve of an election. The wealthy and big corporations know they have Donald Trump in their corner to fight for their priorities. We are helping build a powerful progressive movement that informs, energizes, and empowers average Americans to fight and win for their priorities in 2017, 2018, and 2020.