Educational Data Scientist
Prodigy Game, Oakville, Ontario
The most engaging math platform in the world.
- How do children learn new skills math skills? Is there an optimal learning path through classroom topics that can enhance scholastic progression? How do we identify moments of frustration and failure in a student's learning progression, and select the most effective intervention for levelling up a student's abilities?
- Here at Prodigy, our Education team is busy trying to answer these and other similar questions about how young students learn math. We are working on new and interesting approaches for quantifying human behaviour, specifically in the domain of learning and Educational Data Mining.
- Your work will help us to improve how our students learn, considering factors like the quality and structure of our content, parent and teacher engagement, and human cognition and development! The work we do at Prodigy can help shape a student's learning path early in life, and we take that very seriously and hope you will too.
- Help our Education team better understand how our students learn
- Evaluate the quality and impact of our educational content
- Develop and evaluate models of student learning and performance
- Help design, execute, and evaluate A/B tests to assist our Product teams in developing education content and tools
Who You Are:
- Graduate degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, Behavioural Sciences, Educational Data Mining, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Research-level expertise in analyzing how children learn and / or how to best teach them
- At least 2 years of data analytics experience
- Proficiency in Python and SQL (bonus points for R)
- Experience working with machine learning algorithms and / or cloud platforms like AWS
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable steps
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here, we believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! we offer flexible working hours that allows you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs, our core office hours (core office hours of 10:30am - 3:00pm)
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.