Test Automation Architect
Prodigy Game, Toronto, Ontario
The most engaging math platform in the world.
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Engineering teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! To continue our exponential growth, we are adding some more management power to our Engineering teams. We’re looking for an experienced Automation Development Architect to help guide our team of Automation Developers in transforming the way Prodigy tests and deploys code. Working closely with our development, automation, and architecture teams, your role will be instrumental in defining the short, mid, and long-range vision of automation at Prodigy.
- Your technical leadership will enable our squads to improve the product and ship code faster
- You will unlock team potential and productivity by ensuring that teams have access to the resources they need, such as computing systems, development tools, and communications
- Set measurable ambitious goals and targets for a team of 9+ automation developers
- Continually assess and audit tools and frameworks and make recommended improvements
- Work closely with Engineering stakeholders to define short and long-range roadmap planning
- Lead analysis for improving the developer team's testing best practices, release velocity, and production health
- Work closely with engineering teams to measure the success of their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage, and quality
- Mentor and guide a team of automation developers who work collaboratively within high-performing scrum teams to ensure the delivery of business / functional requirements
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implement test harnesses and infrastructure when necessary
- Educate and help evangelize the use of Automated Testing and frameworks throughout Prodigy
Who You Are:
- Minimum 7 years as an Automation Developer, SDET, or Automation Engineer
- Experienced leading and managing test automation teams and have a proven track record of success
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts
- Experience working with CircleCi, Github Actions, or similar CI/CD software
- Experience using version control systems
- Passionate about continuous learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong leader with the ability to set a vision for your team, and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
- Test infrastructure: Cypress, percy.io, axe-core
Bonus Points For:
- Agile workflow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.