Team Lead, Full Stack Developer
Prodigy Game, Toronto, Ontario
The most engaging math platform in the world.
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Development teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! As theTeam Lead on the Parents team, we would be looking to you to design/develop software, run experiments, and add features, with a heavy focus on increasing our customer reach. You’ll help bridge important communication gaps to enable us to ship faster, and better so that we can give all children access to fun math education.
- Lead and mentor a development team; enabling them to improve the product, ship code faster, and further their careers
- Through 1:1s and consistent coaching, you will help level up your team members and further their careers
- Prodigy will look to you to bridge communication gaps between multiple cross-functional product and technology teams like Product, Art, UX & Design, Development, and QA
- You will unlock team potential and productivity by ensuring that teams have access to the resources they need, such as computing systems, development tools and communications.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about designing and developing software
- Experienced with leading and managing development teams and have a proven track record of success
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong leader with the ability to set a vision for your team, and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.