- A hyper-growth company requires a strong financial backbone. We are looking for someone who has the vision, initiative, and relationship management skills to streamline, enhance, and develop our financial reporting processes, operations, and systems towards scaling the Company. In this role, your mission will be to help provide financial reporting and analysis, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance and drive treasury management to support Prodigy’s rapid growth.
- Oversee and manage accounting, treasury, and tax functions
- Manage reconciliations to ensure timely closing of the month, quarter, and year
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages to C-suite and department managers
- Manage periodic financial processes and deliverables (e.g. payroll, billing, and payment, etc.)
- Research and document significant accounting policies
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and reporting
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive set of internal controls
- Maintain banking relationships, plan and execute the company's credit facility, foreign currency needs and hedging strategy
- Prepare tax filings, regulatory reporting, investor reporting, and own other compliance activities
- Manage our order-to-cash systems and processes to ensure that infrastructure is in place to support revenue-generating initiatives and new business lines
- Lead and act as our internal liaison for any external financial audits
- Perform other duties as required
Who You Are:
- 3-7 years of experience in a big 4 accounting firm, with a focus on tech
- 3-7 years in a financial reporting/controllership role, at a SaaS company
- Experience building and improving the financial reporting suite for a medium to large technology company
- Accounting designation (CPA), with a solid understanding of IFRS, US GAAP, ASPE
- Experience managing a team
- Experience overseeing audits
- Experience in corporate taxation and treasury management
- Impeccable analytical and computer skills, including relevant accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks, Netsuite, Expensify, etc.)
- Extremely organized and motivated self-starter
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with IFRS/US GAAP transitions
- Experience with the consolidation of multi-jurisdiction entities
- Experience with multi-jurisdiction tax compliance, including transfer pricing
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.