Data Scientist, Sales & Customer Success
Prodigy Game, Oakville, Ontario
The most engaging math platform in the world.
- Our Data and Sales / Marketing teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do here, will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your analytics skills to not only help kids learn but also help our marketing team to make better decisions.
- We are looking for a sales analytics and applied stats expert to join our growing team. As we scale our sales efforts, the team will be looking to you for insights on the effectiveness of initiatives, and opportunities for optimization and growth. You will have the chance to apply your sales analytics expertise to add real strategic value and ensure that we are asking and answering the right questions.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and team leads to create solutions which will directly affect Prodigy’s growth.
- Help our sales team explore, analyze, and understand their data to help make business and investment decisions.
- Benchmark performance across sales areas and inform optimization based on performance analysis.
- Improve data visibility by building dashboards and charts to inform strategy, and capture market and user insights.
- Implement analytics and data tracking best practices.
- Work with the sales, marketing, and data teams to improve data quality to provide high quality insights and recommendations.
- Help design, execute, and evaluate experiments (e.g., A/A, A/B, multivariate tests etc).
- Help translate educational value experiments into case studies.
- Communicate insights, analysis, and recommendations clearly and accurately to stakeholders with a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years demonstrated analytics experience, including B2B sales and revenue analytics.
- Expert skills and knowledge of SQL.
- Proficiency in Python (bonus points for R).
- Expertise in working with various BI platforms (Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
- Experience with sales and attribution modelling.
- Experience working with A/B testing and experimentation.
- Applied statistics expertise and experience.
- Passion and persistence for solving hard problems, balancing speed and depth for greatest value.
- Ability to work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines.
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable steps.
- A team and customer centric mindset.
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in cloud ecosystems and their data tooling (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with Spark.
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems.
- Experience with model building, especially within sales analytics.
- Experience working with end to end user journeys.
- Writing statistically sound case studies.
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open-source software contributions, and entrepreneurship.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.