- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Engineering teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company!
- As a QA analyst you will be working directly on development squads to give feedback on upcoming features, investigate issues raised by our Customer Support team, help develop new technology and testing practices to help Prodigy rapidly adapt to the changing technological and social landscapes, and help us be the most user-obsessed company we can be.
- Dig deep into new features, ensuring they are easily understood, fun, and effective in their outcomes
- Learn new techniques and technologies to ensure we're building the right way
- Identify new opportunities to transform Education across the Globe
- Represent every student, helping us learn more about how to build the best products for everyone
Who You Are:
- Experienced writing and executing tests on new and existing software
- Familiar with SCRUM/AGILE methodologies, and able to look for opportunities to make your team better
- An effective communicator, able to work remotely with distributed development teams
- Great time management skills - we have a lot of priorities, and you'll need to be able to effectively prioritize and re-prioritize as things change
- Technically savvy, not afraid to open the console on your web browser to see what's going on under the hood
- Obsessed with inclusivity. We want all students to love learning.
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
- JIRA, Confluence, Browserstack, Percy, Jenkins, GitHub, CircleCI
Bonus Points For:
- Agile workflow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.