- Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented developers to help us to continue to grow. As a game developer at Prodigy, you will be focused on the creation of new features, tools and content, working alongside like-minded developers, artists and designers. The work you do here at Prodigy is not only seen by millions of students, but will aid in the educational advancement of students worldwide.
- Design, develop and maintain core systems, including gameplay features, internal tools, and frameworks
- Work closely with our game designers, artists and QA to ensure a polished and fun gameplay experience
- Maintain our asset library and pipelines, serving thousands of images, audio files and more
- Collaborate with the rest of the team in planning sessions, designing new features and content
- Mentor less experienced developers on the team
Who You Are:
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented principles and practices
- Strong foundation in both scripting and strongly-typed object oriented languages
- Understanding of memory management practices
- Great debugging abilities and strong algorithmic analysis skills
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar university programs or experience
- 7+ years working in game development
- Absolute passion for gaming and game development
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with React, Node.js, or Express
- Experience with HTML5 game engines
- Published or in-progress mobile apps, web games, etc.
- Background in interface design and user-driven UI design
- Experience with analytics and A/B testing methods
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here, we believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! we offer flexible working hours that allows you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs, our core office hours (core office hours of 10:30am - 3:00pm)
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
About Prodigy Game
Imagine an entire generation of kids around the world rushing home to do their math homework because it was seamlessly integrated into their favourite video game. That's Prodigy, and we are revolutionizing the way the world learns math. In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 local users to over 30,000,000 worldwide, and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America! We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Game? Visit Prodigy Game's website.
Jobs You May Like
Expression of Interest - Design (Manila)