Senior UI Designer
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Funding shouldn't be a barrier to education, so they're revolutionizing international student loans.
Senior UI Designer
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$600 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 190 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Goldman Sachs, M&G, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced UI Designer who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
In this role you will drive product design from end-to-end to create distinctive visual digital solutions for customers and employees, as well as be instrumental in the creation of a Design System to be used across the Prodigy Finance team.
- Owning the Prodigy Finance Style Guide (creation, growing and curating)
- Review designs for consistency with Style Guide
- Creation and implementation of a Design System
- Design and deliver elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional agile Product team
- Actively collaborate with business/brand stakeholders throughout the design and development process
- Explore solution space and refine concepts via wireframes, mock-ups and high fidelity designs
- Ensure files are uploaded and that annotations are present and visible
- Define the visual style and position relative to design guidelines and corporate identity
- Research, identify and articulate visual language
- Collaborate with other Designers within cross-functional team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across products
What you will be measured on
- Design efficiency
- Use of Brand Guidelines
- Use of style-guide components
- Correct application of components
- Creation of components (style-guide)
- Quality of UI Design
- Prototyping Designs
What you need to be great at
- Ability to handle high pressure environments
- Ability to deliver within deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Passion for work
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Tertiary qualification in Design related field
- Strong experience in design and development
- Experience with designing quality consumer products
- Knowledge of accessibility considerations for design
- Experience with user-centered design portfolio that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet, TV, and wearables
- Knowledge of design trends
- Experience with Graphical and Visual Design, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe suite, InVision, Sketch or other tools for Visual and Digital Design
- Knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices
- Positive and collaborative attitude
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Knowledge of the fin-tech/financial services industry
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as you set up processes and frameworks for us to grow into. If you haven’t worked in a start-up before, you need to show us that you have a real desire and potential to be successful in a young, high-growth, non-corporate company.
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Senior UI Designer? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
About Prodigy Finance
The Prodigy Finance Story
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem.
Our innovative platform offers loans to international postgraduate students attending top universities. Through our community platform, alumni, impact investors, and other private qualified entities invest in tomorrow's leaders whilst earning a financial and social return.
To date, more than $318 million in Prodigy Finance loans have been disbursed to over 6,800 students around the world. Over 80% of our borrowers tell us they had no other way of financing their studies, so we like to think that we're helping educate the world.
We believe funding shouldn't be a barrier to education.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Finance? Visit Prodigy Finance's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud
CloudHealth Technologies, London
Kobalt Music Group, London
JOOR, New York, NY
C3, Redwood City
Senior UI Software Engineer - Experiences
TripAdvisor, El Segundo, CA