Higher Education Partnership Manager
Prodigy Finance, London or New York
Funding shouldn't be a barrier to education, so they're revolutionizing international student loans.
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 130 countries.
Our team of over 160 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced Higher Education Partnership Manager who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 130 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in New York or London.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
Business development (BD) means different things at different companies. Here at Prodigy Finance, the Higher Education Partnership Manager will be responsible for executing and managing B2B relationships that create awareness and acquisition opportunities for our international student loan products; and further extending our presence in the ecosystem of the universities with whom we partner.
Reporting to the Head of Channels and Demand, the Partnership Manager will manage existing partnerships that strengthen our relationships with 200 of the world’s leading universities. The Partnership Manager will also source new partnerships that generate new loan applications amongst our target international students.
You will work closely with our Product and BD teams to understand market dynamics and our overall strategy so as identify market opportunities that Prodigy Finance is uniquely positioned to exploit. This role will see you play an impactful role in how we expand our market presence through partner relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage existing partnerships to defined KPIs including quarterly business reviews and other joint goal measurement activities
- Work with the BD team to specifically segment the international graduate student loan market so as to identify B2B relationships that will accelerate our business goals
- Work with our Channels team to identify, execute and manager partnership opportunities that enable us to create more value for our university partners
- Support our Product teams as a commercial resource to help execute B2B partnerships that support our product roadmaps
- Execute B2B partnerships with other companies that generates demand for our international student loan products
What you will be measured on
- The Partnership Manager will be measured on the success of the partnerships she/he manages and their impact on the Prodigy Finance business to be assessed against:
- KPIs associated with each partnership including but not limited to overall loan volume, number of borrowers
- Loan volume, number of borrowers per university associated with supported partnerships
- Leads and application volumes generated from partnerships
- Insight and commercial value provided in support of product related partnerships
What you need to be great at
- Personal stature, gravitas, a relationship builder; influencer; excellent communication and interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups
- Deal making. Ability to identify, articulate and persuade counterparties of win opportunities;
- Excellent critical judgment; able to make good decisions, be trusted, respected and dependable, be proactive and responsive, ask the right questions, raise flags at the right time, able to prioritise and plan workloads for the team
- Insight. Developing a feel for the international graduate student loan marketing, the needs of universities supporting international students and how to translate that into opportunity for Prodigy Finance
- Analytical thinking capability; logical, systematic, strategic and pragmatic
- Strong attention to detail; both quantitative and qualitative; can process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Able to learn new concepts and business issues quickly
- Bias to action; create ideas, think outside the box
- Problem-solver and solution finder, proactive, use initiative to develop and improve
- Structured in an unstructured environment; highly organised, ability to multi-task and project manage. Can correctly prioritise multiple issues, opportunities and creates structure, systems and processes from scratch
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Degree in business or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ business experience gained within a highly reputable technology or financial services company
- Demonstrable experience in sales or BD with evidence of successful stakeholder management and relationship building
- Experience working with Tech, Product and BD teams to understand market requirements and support partnerships
- Understanding of user journeys, customer journeys and customer experience, particularly within the context of financial services
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- MBA qualification desirable
- Ideally experience gained within a consumer lending environment
- Experience working with a global customer base
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Higher Education Partnerships Manager? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
About Prodigy Finance
The Prodigy Finance Story
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem.
Our innovative platform offers loans to international postgraduate students attending top universities. Through our community platform, alumni, impact investors, and other private qualified entities invest in tomorrow's leaders whilst earning a financial and social return.
To date, more than $318 million in Prodigy Finance loans have been disbursed to over 6,800 students around the world. Over 80% of our borrowers tell us they had no other way of financing their studies, so we like to think that we're helping educate the world.
We believe funding shouldn't be a barrier to education.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Finance? Visit Prodigy Finance's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Account Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Core Enterprise Account Executive - UK, Ireland & Africa
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Director, Demand Generation
Fictiv, San Francisco, CA
Initiativbewerbung / Speculative application (m/w/d)
Flightright, Potsdam / Berlin
Ad Ops Specialist – Student Position
Taboola, Tel - Aviv
BetterUp, East Coast