Senior Product Manager - Partnerships
Prodigy Finance, London or Cape Town
Funding shouldn't be a barrier to education, so they're revolutionizing international student loans.
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 160 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced Senior Product Manager with international partnership experience looking to supercharge their career by leading part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company. On top of this, you’ll be surrounded by a set of other fantastic product people, including strong mentorship from management who has worked in top-tier global companies.
Based in London or Cape Town, this is a strategic and impactful role to define partnership opportunities that will be important in (1) us focusing on what we are great at and working with the best partners to deliver the rest, and (2) being able to offer our customers new products that will make their cross-border lives easier.
You will be a contributor to the growth of the business and will be able to help drive strategy and execution. You’ll also be a key external representative of the company. The sense of reward for playing an impactful role in the build out of our company will be huge.
By identifying strategic partners for us you will enable us to build a smart platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world. The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company, and we will demand that you create a large impact on the business. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be expected to hit the ground running and take on multiple challenging cross-functional projects.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
This role acts as one of the key linchpins for the company. You will be part of a team that sets the company product strategy, advocating for the user while integrating concerns from Executives, Business Development, Technology, Operations, Legal, Marketing and other stakeholders. You alone will help guide a team with your part of the product strategy.
You will gather and prioritise product and customer requirements, set objectives and key results, define the short- and long-term product roadmaps and work closely with the Technology team to continue to deliver outstanding products.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Help formulate the company strategy, product vision and product strategy for partnerships, and align this with the product objectives, key results and roadmap for your assigned business area
- Drive and resolve the product issues found in difficult long-lived, cross-functional and nebulous business objectives related to partnerships, including stakeholder management, communication and working with multiple teams and/or across multiple teams
- Develop an excellent understanding of the market of Prodigy Finance’s potential partners, and drive this understanding through the business
- Perform consistent market research to find the best partners to satisfy company objectives
- Lead commercial negotiations and be responsible for the design, development and consolidation of partnership agreements. Be creative about structuring agreements, maximising value from each partnership, both short term and strategic
- Work directly alongside Development teams who integrate your partner solutions, driving the product backlog and prioritisation
- Work with other Product Managers and ensure their roadmaps are aligned to the partnership strategy
- Communicate and clarify partnership goals and achievements with management and across all business functions, then reflect any changes, learnings and feedback for continuous improvement of the product and the company
- Take a metrics-orientated approach to proving and maintaining desired outcomes of partnerships
What you will be measured on
- The planning, implementation, deployment, sustainability and effectiveness of the Partnership strategy and all implemented partnerships and commercial agreements
- Shipping effective products that delight users, on time, and without contention, including difficult product deliveries within the organisation
- Product leadership to the product org and the company, and acting as an ambassador of Prodigy to partners
- Identify and build new business opportunities within your product domain and across the company
- Being data-driven to drive decision making across the company
- Helping the company learn about the market through competitive analysis, segmentation, and user testing
- Leading through influence and negotiation to successful outcomes, and building strong relationships across the company
What you need to be great at
- Personal stature, gravitas, high EQ a relationship builder and influencer inside and outside the company, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups
- Persuasive and articulate: dynamic, convincing and communicative in multiple media
- A bias to action and a habit of continuous improvement
- Ability to navigate and network with the fintech industry and affiliate partners
- Problem-solving aptitude with ability to make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles to ship product and create processes
- Developing excellent working relationship with Engineering teams to deliver world-class software products in an efficient manner
- Technical acumen and able to learn new paradigms quickly
- Excellent critical judgment, be trusted, respected and dependable, be proactive and responsive, ask the right questions, raise flags at the right time
- Analytical thinking capability: logical, systematic, strategic and pragmatic
- Strong attention to detail, both quantitative and qualitative and can process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong advocate of agile practises and software development life-cycles with the ability to educate the wider business teams on the development process
- Structured in an unstructured environment; highly organised, ability to multi-task and project manage
- Ability to remain calm and collected whilst maintaining high performance under pressure
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Finance, business or engineering degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years' product management experience
- International partnership experience, including sourcing partners and contract negotiations
- Proven ability to understand regulation and think entrepreneurially about commercial agreements, and experience in developing and negotiating complex commercial agreements and associated contracts
- An executor who has demonstrable success in owning delivery, where you have needed to understand commercial goals, think strategically and balance the desire to create an end product which is beautiful but where quality and functionality are equally as important
- Experience of working in a tech based environment, using technology to improve and scale up processes
- Global citizen; interested in working with multiple cultures, thirst for learning about philosophies, social behaviours and education systems of other nationalities and countries
- Willingness to travel
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- FinTech; ideally you have worked in a scaling fintech company before. Bring experience with parallels to this industry if you haven’t got the exact domain experience and show us that you can build partnerships leveraging tech/engineering at its core
- Well connected to the financial services and tech ecosystem, knowing where products and processes are evolving to (for e.g. payment solutions, credit decisioning or analytics, automation of services)
- Startup experience, or experience with complex ambiguous environments. If you haven’t worked in a startup before, you need to show us that you have a real desire and potential to be successful in a young, high-growth, non-corporate company
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Senior Product Manager - Partnerships? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
About Prodigy Finance
The Prodigy Finance Story
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem.
Our innovative platform offers loans to international postgraduate students attending top universities. Through our community platform, alumni, impact investors, and other private qualified entities invest in tomorrow's leaders whilst earning a financial and social return.
To date, more than $318 million in Prodigy Finance loans have been disbursed to over 6,800 students around the world. Over 80% of our borrowers tell us they had no other way of financing their studies, so we like to think that we're helping educate the world.
We believe funding shouldn't be a barrier to education.
Want to learn more about Prodigy Finance? Visit Prodigy Finance's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Product
Senior Software Engineer, Member Engagement
Meetup, New York
Sr. Manager, Product Management
United Technologies Digital, New York
Product Manager - Global Affluent Products
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Spanish Intern 18/19 (Middle/Upper School)
Khan Lab School, Khan Lab School
Eventbrite, Vancouver, British Columbia