Customer Success Manager
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Funding shouldn't be a barrier to education, so they're revolutionizing international student loans.
Customer Success Manager
Prodigy Finance - Who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Our team of over 140 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This is a newly created position with a high level of ownership where you will have the opportunity to manage a team and help improve processes on a global platform. You will find yourself in a challenging and rewarding role that will see you managing a team, building relationships, and interacting with students, institutions and 3rd party entities on an international landscape. In addition to working with a variety of teams across the business, you will be responsible for the middle leg in the loan process, playing a pivotal role in enabling students from all over the world to fulfil their dreams of studying at the world’s top universities.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a business which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to tomorrow’s leaders; make it possible for students from more than 100 countries to obtain the finances to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll own the role and its responsibilities and will work closely with the broader operations, business development, compliance and tech teams. You will have the opportunity to gain as much accountability as you can handle, and play an influential role in scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with stakeholders in the business around the world on a regular basis. Being an organisation that’s passionate about education, we place a high value on learning and personal growth.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential, and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in Fintech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding - exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed Fintech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
As the Customer Success Manager (Onshore) you will work alongside the Customer Success Manager (Offshore) reporting through to the Head of Originations.
You will be responsible for ensuring our students receive consistent service levels and conversion of applications whilst developing the Cape Town team and their operating practices. This is the middle leg in the Loans Originations process, requiring you to be the centre of excellence and deliver strong staff and customer focus to our students. You will need to work closely with the Originations and Business Development teams to plan for expected loan volume.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and build on our positive culture through coaching, recognition and staff development
- Role model customer service (written and verbal) and handle complex customer issues or complaints
- Consistently focus on and deliver service and service levels (intraday, daily and weekly) across all channels (calls, chats and emails)
- Analyse escalations and quality scores, provide root cause analysis and devise corrective actions to increase quality, improve first contact resolution and straight through processing
- Ensure that internal and student FAQ and SOPs are current and aligned to current processes and policies, and updating and tracking changes where need be
- Support the process of training rolling out SOP’s in a version controlled, tracked and supportive way
- Grow our strength by recruiting for Cape Town student operations vacancies as and when needed
- Represent and live our brand, culture and values
What you will be judged on
- Team leadership, management and coaching for the Cape Town team (with extended coverage hours) including smile index, PDPs, check ins
- Team work and collaboration with the team and peers to drive the ultimate success of student and borrowers service delivery in an Omni channel environment
- Meeting service levels and customer satisfaction scores
- Deliver on quality assurance scores to drive conversion, compliance and brand affinity
- Increase first contact resolution and straight through processing
- Escalation and complaints handling in line with the complaints process
What you need to be great at
- Leading managing people and processes in an Omni channel operations environment
- People development and coaching for quality and performance
- Role modelling customer service in line with our brand
- Best practices within a financial services operations environment
- Identifying and implementing changes within a dynamic and technical environment
- Dealing with the challenges of working in an emerging and fast growing FinTech company
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Strong experience as a Customer Service or Operations Manager in a financial service or similarly regulated or complex environment
- Track record of leading and motivating teams, specifically in a fast, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through Omni channel operations with SLA’s and metric management
- Experience in having delivered change initiatives, that drive first contact resolution, self-service and customer satisfaction, preferably in a tech environment
- Financial acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to get “hands dirty”
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- High growth experiences a major advantage
- A relevant tertiary qualification desirable
- Experience in an international/ BPO operations/ call centre environment
- Living or work experience in our core markets
- Spanish or Chinese written and spoken language would be beneficial
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Customer Success Manager? Here’s what to do now
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
About Prodigy Finance
The Prodigy Finance Story
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem.
Our innovative platform offers loans to international postgraduate students attending top universities. Through our community platform, alumni, impact investors, and other private qualified entities invest in tomorrow's leaders whilst earning a financial and social return.
To date, more than $318 million in Prodigy Finance loans have been disbursed to over 6,800 students around the world. Over 80% of our borrowers tell us they had no other way of financing their studies, so we like to think that we're helping educate the world.
We believe funding shouldn't be a barrier to education.