Principal Architect (Java) - Financial Services
See jobs at projekt202
- Collaborates with client stakeholders, customer research, architecture, development, and operations to identify and work technical enablers.
- Identify existing security controls that encumber the path to modern architecture and platforms. Work across organizations to redefine security controls that align with industry best practices, such as NIST 800-53.
- Pave the path to a secure cloud native environment in AWS.
- Set the vision of development environment utilization, working toward modern CI/CD delivery models.
- Manages the creation of system architecture and process charts to socialize concepts
- Understands and balances competing constraints
- Clearly articulates the value of design and design research
- Understanding of change and incident management policies
- During design, identifies architecturally significant design decisions and communicates constraints
- Works with the senior members of other practices to manage the account and keep the client happy
- Leads projects including overseeing quality and working with the PM to manage scope and budget
- Owns, via dotted line responsibilities, the skills development and career growth of the developers on the team being led. The architect is uniquely positioned to give highly contextual and relevant on project training
- Work across organizational lines to ensure that software is not just functional, but performant and secure.
- Enable development teams to focus on development
Qualifications & Requirements
- 7+ years professional experience developing Java based applications
- Professional experience using Java, Spring Boot, Docker, CI/CD, Microservice Architecture
- Consulting experience highly preferred
- Able to architect complex integrations between Java and enterprise systems
- Able to design, write, debug, and deploy applications
- Able to function as an enterprise architect, with experience of integrating cloud native applications to on premise applications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Previous consulting experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with standards such as NIST 800-53 and the ability to guide an organization toward creating modern security controls.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud native applications
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.) or equivalent work experience
projekt202 is leading the world in experience-driven software design and development. We are focused on and passionate about improving the experiences that people have with technology. Recognized by Gartner for setting the industry standard, we believe there is a better way to design, develop and access the full potential of technology in today’s connected world. projekt202 has spent over a decade bringing to life and to market compelling experiences through our Experience Strategy & Insight, Interaction & Visual Design, Software Development, and Digital Marketing practices. Our expert team has delivered emotionally-rich and intuitive solutions for global brands and clients such as Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Samsung Electronics, Neiman Marcus and The Container Store, among many others.
Want to learn more about projekt202? Visit projekt202's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos