Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Helps to shape the overall project approach incorporating user/ business perspective and a variety of strategic tools and methods to meet objectives.
- Confident and adept in engaging senior level client leaders across many functional areas, assessing and identifying needs, pain points and organizational barriers to success.
- Skilled using design thinking tools for strategic facilitation, achieving consensus, prioritizing initiatives, developing experience driven digital transformation roadmaps and developing innovative designs and digital products.
- Recommends and incorporates applicable solutions like; business justification, organizational readiness models, go-to-market strategies, etc., when appropriate.
- Develops the experience vision for the product, application, or service it delivers, based on past experience, category knowledge, stakeholder feedback and research
- Recommends and oversees various analyses to further inform a strategic pov such as; competitive landscape and parallel industry analysis, market sizing, SWOT assessments, heuristic reviews, bench marking, etc.
- Synthesizes primary and secondary user research (qualitative and quantitative data) from user, business and competitive/parallel industries to generate ideas for business opportunities, value propositions, and product/service solutions that are tied to user/target needs, desires, and motivations
- Evaluates existing client data, such as operational and transactional data, sales and performance projections, and existing market research, to form POVS and recommendations.
- Leads teams to evangelize the needs of users, communicating an empathic understanding of the user perspective via qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- 10+ years professional experience with mixed method product, market and user research activities, including any or all of the following: contextual inquiry and ethnographic techniques, customer journey study, quantitative segmentation + jobs-to-be-done, digital qualitative-mobile diary + innovation research online, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, persona creation, and user journey mapping.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- “T-shaped” skills, having worked in a variety of client side or service side design, consulting, digital product, insight drive research, agency planning or insight roles.
- Strong business acumen and cross category experience, business strategy or professional service experience a plus
- Keen interest in developing consultative skills, identifying insights and opportunities to inform clients’ business and product decisions, as well as the design of products, services, and organizational processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solver (not just good at pointing them out) and negotiator
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Business Strategy, Anthropology, Fine Arts, Design Thinking for Business, Innovation, Market Research, Industrial Design, Ethnography, Product Management, Psychology, Philosophy, Organizational Design, etc.)
projekt202 is leading the world in experience-driven software design and development. We are focused on and passionate about improving the experiences that people have with technology. Recognized by Gartner for setting the industry standard, we believe there is a better way to design, develop and access the full potential of technology in today’s connected world. projekt202 has spent over a decade bringing to life and to market compelling experiences through our Experience Strategy & Insight, Interaction & Visual Design, Software Development, and Digital Marketing practices. Our expert team has delivered emotionally-rich and intuitive solutions for global brands and clients such as Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Samsung Electronics, Neiman Marcus and The Container Store, among many others.
Want to learn more about projekt202? Visit projekt202's website.
Help the world share their story