Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Actively supports key business development efforts and sales events within a projekt202 location
- Scopes approach and estimates level of effort per engagement.
- Collaborate on at least a weekly basis with the Director of User Experience, General Manager, and other executives to monitor the status of and facilitate the completion of proposal work and other sales efforts
- Provides creative direction and guidance on client engagements throughout projekt202’s project lifecycle
- Partners with the Director of User Experience to:
- Create and maintain UX-based sales and proposal material to support the above activities
- Educate and improve the local office UX senior staff’s ability to estimate future client work
- Support with internal creative initiatives
- Works with Program Managers to ensure client satisfaction and to ensure client projects have proper balance between quality, timeliness and profitability
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of User Experience, General Manager, and other local practice leaders to establish forward looking design-related business strategies and to facilitate UX knowledge transfer
- Works closely with other Experience Directors, Program Managers, and other practice leads to balance quality, budget and delivery schedule
- Provides leadership, direct management and career growth to the local UX team, including writing and conducting their performance reviews, making recommendations for promotion, demotion or salary increases to the Director of User Experience, and mentoring other designers
- Attract and retain highly skilled individuals to join the team; partner with recruiting on interviewing and ensure recruiting campaigns are targeted to the right individuals
- Stay abreast of UX best practices, design trends and techniques and ensure their application within the projekt202 location
- Participates in UX specific industry events such as conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
- Supports the Director of User Experience in public relations-specific activities including, but not limited to:
- Awards submission
- o Interviews
- o Speaking engagements
- o Strategic consulting
- o Conference panels and key notes
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ten or more years of UX experience preferably in a consulting company
- Ten or more years leading client engagements with creative teams
- Highly motivated to excel and to drive excellence
- Master communicator and presenter, verbally and in print, and empathic listener
- Knowledge of, and experience within, the software development lifecycle
- Abreast of UX design best practices, trends, and techniques
- Active problem solver
- Juggle competing priorities and provide structure for oneself and one’s teams
- Solid organizational skills and solid attention to detail
- Experience with leading workshops with staff and clients, driving to specific outcomes
- Proficient with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Education: Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
projekt202 is leading the world in experience-driven software design and development. We are focused on and passionate about improving the experiences that people have with technology. Recognized by Gartner for setting the industry standard, we believe there is a better way to design, develop and access the full potential of technology in today’s connected world. projekt202 has spent over a decade bringing to life and to market compelling experiences through our Experience Strategy & Insight, Interaction & Visual Design, Software Development, and Digital Marketing practices. Our expert team has delivered emotionally-rich and intuitive solutions for global brands and clients such as Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Samsung Electronics, Neiman Marcus and The Container Store, among many others.
Want to learn more about projekt202? Visit projekt202's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.