Thanks for visiting our careers page. While we are not actively hiring for this role at the moment, we have this role up as we would like to make sure that we don’t miss out on any exceptional talent.
What will happen if you apply to this role? Your application will land up in our skill specific talent pool and we will reach out as soon as we have an active opportunity.
Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
As a Software Engineer, you will responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You will drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners.
What you will do:
- Create efficient, scalable, secure and reusable software responding to time and technical constraints
- Share your knowledge and expertise, inputting product “grooming” sessions and stand-ups
- Breakdown stories with a focus on simplicity providing negotiation for sweating the right details to ensure short feedback loops to our customers
- Lead architectural and design sessions, sharing your experience and knowledge openly with the wider team
- Be the champion voice of the customer through collection of metrics across learning of design and product assumptions
- Keep abreast of technology changes whilst keeping Prospa on the leading edge of the landscape
- Agile principles eg (Scrum, Kanban, XP), TDD, BDD
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery
- Cloud based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS
- SQL Server and SOLID principles
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained either Microservices, Message-Based Architecture, Event Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Infrastructure automation experience: ARM, EBS, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef
Join the success story
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Our people are “Grow Getters” and to support that all our engineers have a discretionary training budget to invest in their learning and development needs at any given point of time.
With the greatest respect CV's will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Our vision is to change the way small business owners experience finance Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, Prospa understands small business owners need faster finance solutions – so you can make decisions quickly and seize opportunities with total confidence.