As a Peer-to-Peer Networking Engineer at Protocol Labs you might...
- Build the next generation of peer-to-peer software by working on the libp2p project
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on by other systems and applications
- Integrate research results into real programs
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
- Work on public open source repositories with broader communities
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Deep understanding of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP
- Experience building peer-to-peer applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience leading and guiding Open Source projects
- Experience working with libp2p and/or IPFS
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Systems Engineer, Sensor Fusion Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Hardware Reliability Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Staff Backend Engineer
Wealthfront, Palo Alto
Manager, QA Embedded
Senior/Staff Security Engineer
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA or Victoria, BC, Canada or Paris, France
Upside, Washington, DC