Sr. Software Engineer, libp2p
Protocol Labs, Remote - Web3 Stack
See jobs at Protocol Labs
As a Peer-to-Peer Networking Engineer at Protocol Labs you might...
- Build the next generation of peer-to-peer software, working on projects like libp2p, IPFS and Filecoin
- Contribute to steering and maintenance of the implementations of IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p and similar open source projects
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on by other systems and applications
- Contribute to protocol design and specification efforts
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications
- Develop solutions to hard problems in low-trust distributed systems
- Integrate research results and demonstrations into working, scalable programs and systems
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
- Lead and develop more junior engineers, and provide guidance and review for open source contributors around the world
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- A solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- Experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- A strong technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, UNIX file systems, VMs (preferred)
- Deep understanding of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience leading open source projects, and/or guiding their communities
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.