China Business Development Strategist, Filecoin
Protocol Labs, Remote - Ecosystem
See jobs at Protocol Labs
As the China Business Development Strategist at Filecoin, you will…
- Develop, build, and deploy Filecoin’s business development strategy in China, reaching miners, storage users, developers, investors, infrastructure partners, and more.
- Grow and manage our relationships with Chinese cryptocurrency miners and mining pools by tapping into existing networks of cryptocurrency miners and attracting new and non-traditional miners to Filecoin
- Manage integrations and relationships with infrastructure partners including exchanges, wallets, and more
- Develop a go-to-market strategy that will educate potential storage users about Filecoin and initiate, build, and manage relationships with these users
- Identify proof-of-concept opportunities with potential early users based on a deep understanding of Filecoin and its value proposition for these users; project manage high-touch pilots with early clients
- Identify partnership opportunities and build relationships with potential partner organizations in China, including hardware, software, and developer teams
- Create and implement high-impact strategic initiatives that will drive developer engagement in-line with Filecoin Project roadmap
- Work with internal legal team to navigate the changing regulatory environment in China
- Represent PL, our values and culture, through the interactions you have with external teams in China
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Deep understanding of how cryptocurrency communities in China tend to work (primarily miner and developer communities)
- A nuanced understanding of doing business in China via experience in business development, marketing, or community management
- A penchant for thinking strategically and analytically about opportunitiesSolid existing relationships and contacts in the Chinese crypto and blockchain communities throughout China
- Can-do attitude: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, be resourceful, and do what it takes to get the job done
- An execution mindset: you value fast and thoughtful execution and work well under pressure
- Deep flexibility and creativity with the ability to adapt to fast-changing needs and prioritize work in a high-demand position
- Tact and the ability to build relationships and processes with cross-functional teammates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Experience working with crypto projects or networks
- Experience with fully remote, distributed organizations
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.