As an Assistant Controller at Protocol Labs you will...
- Lead the day-to-day general ledger accounting activities, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for both fiat and crypto accounts.
- Oversee the monthly financial close process. Owns the GL and recording of all business transactions, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, fiat and crypto.
- Ensures team deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and in accordance with accounting policies and standard operating/controls.
- Perform and/or review month-end financial statement analysis and flux commentaires. Attend monthly P&L review meetings, provide input regarding financial matters, and assist the Controller to identify issues early and assess their financial impact, if any.
- Support the accounts payable team, overseeing and processing routine department activities such as initiating payments and wires, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Prepare and monitor reports for daily cash positions and ensure adequate liquidity.
- Lead continuous improvement in the areas of accounting operations and financial reporting process/systems to increase automation and scale
- Participate in cross-functional continuous improvement projects. Documents proposed process improvements, leading to an improvement in operational accounting performance
- Assist Corporate Controller with the development and maintenance of internal control structure, including developing, implementing, and maintaining global policies and procedures
- Partner cross-functionally with Finance Operations, Technical Accounting, Tax, Legal, FP&A and Crypto Operations to execute strategic initiatives
- Work closely with Corporate Controller to prepare regulatory reporting in US as required
- Assist with review of payroll and related journal entries and reconciliations
- Timely response to ad hoc requests from team members, operations and management.
- Support Corporate Controller with ad-hoc projects
- Collaborates with Corporate Controller and other organizational team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA license is preferred (active or inactive)
- Strong background in US GAAP, business processes
- Preferably some years of audit experience
- Background in accounting for financial services, fintech, banking, or an exchange strongly preferred
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Experience or knowledge of cryptocurrencies is a plus
- Diligent, process-driven, and strong attention to detail
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems
- Direct professional experience with blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Experience with Google Suite of Products
- Experience working at a high growth startup
- SOX and / or SOC experience
- Experience working with and/or implementing blockchain accounting software (ie. Lukka Tax, etc)
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.