Engineering Manager, Web3 Core Protocols
Protocol Labs, Remote - Web3 Stack
See jobs at Protocol Labs
As Engineering Manager at Protocol Labs you will…
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy
- Lead, improve, and steward engineering practices (technical design, implementation, release, and iteration) for our working groups to minimize developer friction and blockages
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigour through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigour, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance PL’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with PL’s recruiting team
- Support and guide other people-managers at Protocol Labs as a member of PL’s young engineering management discipline
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems & infrastructure
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Protocol Labs towards our shared mission
- You have experience with or deep knowledge of globally distributed systems, cryptography, blockchain or other related domains
- Demonstrable open source community curation and leadership experience
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products.