Research Program Manager
Protocol Labs, Remote - PL Research
See jobs at Protocol Labs
As a Research Program Manager at Protocol Labs you will:
- Develop new programs to support and improve research across Protocol Labs and our ecosystem.
- Support researchers and research labs across Protocol Labs Research and Research-Development. This includes managerial responsibilities (1-on-1 meetings with researchers, involvement in cyclical performance reviews and feedback), programmatic improvements, collaboration building, and more.
- Provide technical content review for a subset of research-development labs, with possible focus on cryptography, consensus, cryptoeconomics, networking, or distributed systems.
- Coordinate with teammates across the Research, Legal, Comms, and Finance teams and with researchers and engineers in our projects and labs.
- Craft Protocol Labs’ presence in the research community by supporting researchers’ participation in high-profile conferences, expediting the results-to-publication pipeline, and otherwise improving the visibility and impact of Protocol Labs Research output.
- MA/MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- 2 years experience as a researcher in academia, industry, or government.
- Deep interest in scientific research.
- Demonstrated expertise coordinating action between parties with orthogonal drives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to think across research, product, and business considerations.
Highly-valued bonus points:
- PhD degree in a science or technology field.
- Experience managing or working in distributed research consortia.
- Experience applying for and managing research grants.
- Knowledge of how research labs are run and funded.
- Amazing cold email game.
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.