Research Scientist, CryptoNetLab
Protocol Labs, Remote - Research Development
See jobs at Protocol Labs
As Research Scientist at Protocol Labs you will…
- Participate in cutting-edge research in cryptography and blockchain technology.
- Develop novel systems and protocols while studying and learning from existing ones.
- Work with the development team on turning research into implementations.
- Work with external teams to oversee development and maintenance of cryptographic libraries.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Mathematics with an emphasis on developing and implementing cryptographic protocols, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences.
Bonus Points If...
- You have a record of demonstrating state-of-the-art innovation in cryptography with a proven publication record or project history.
- *Potentially including but not limited to authenticated data structures, elliptic curve pairings, authenticated encryption, graph traversals, pebblings games, and zero knowledge proofs.
- You have demonstrated the ability to design and execute on a research agenda.
- You have experience setting up and managing research collaborations or contractors.
- You’ve implemented novel crypto and would feel comfortable overseeing others doing the same.
- You believe that you don’t understand something until you can explain it to a six-year-old, and your experience mentoring or writing technical explainers or blog posts demonstrates that you test your understanding against this metric.
- You have dice specifically for generating hand-crafted, artisanal entropy.
About Protocol Labs
Company Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale. Open Source Protocol Labs works on a growing number of Open Source projects. The major technology stacks we produce are developed entirely Open Source, from initial research, through implementation development, and into wide deployment. The communities we lead are open, welcoming, and inclusive. We invite you to get involved; join us on GitHub! History Protocol Labs was founded on May 2014, by Juan Benet, inventor of IPFS and Filecoin. That summer, we participated in the YCombinator program (S14). Protocol Labs released IPFS to the world in January 2015. Since then, IPFS has gained enormous traction in a variety of industries and organizations. By 2016, IPFS grew to be one of the most used and relied on technologies in the Blockchain industry, and hailed by thousands of developers as "The Future of the Web." That year, Protocol Labs also created libp2p, IPLD, multiformats, Orbit, and a number of other projects. Our most anticipated project is Filecoin, currently in development.
Want to learn more about Protocol Labs? Visit Protocol Labs's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.