Experience Management Scientist, Research Core
Qualtrics, Provo, Utah, United States
See jobs at Qualtrics
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
A Day in the Life
This position is a senior role that will focus on creating the next generation of research and building artificial intelligence and machine learning into the world of market research. Specifically, you will be creating scalable in-product recommendations and insights to enable users improve the quality of their research. You will use machine learning and research methodology techniques and work with the Product teams to design the right solutions. The initiatives led by you will directly contribute to growing revenue for the Research Core and establish Qualtrics as the leader in applying AI to Survey Research.
You will have a keen understanding of researcher’s needs in the world of market research. You will have experience designing surveys with best practice methodologies and be able to communicate to senior level stakeholders of Qualtrics clients on trends in survey research methodology.
You will roll up your sleeves and dive into analyzing billions of Qualtrics anonymized datasets. You will be comfortable building machine learning models that seek patterns on what impacts our users research quality and recommend ways to improve the quality using best practice methodologies.
You will influence Qualtrics customers and help them design high quality research programs to help them make sound business decisions.
You will understand the significant industry shifts taking place in market research and how artificial intelligence can help address the problems facing market research.
Finally, You will be inspired by and believe in our culture and values. You will believe in making work a positive experience for yourself and your co-workers, and be willing to strap in and enjoy the ride!
- Develop and validate machine learning models that can find patterns and correlations between survey methods used by Qualtrics customers and the impact to data quality
- Develop thought leadership content on a frequent basis, including academic and practitioner articles, joint publications, podcasts, conference presentations or webinars
- Working with the Product team, help to develop new platform features such as automated recommendations to improve quality of the research as users build out their survey
- Provide post-sale consulting support to customers, this may include survey/assessment design, post-survey data analysis and interpretation and executive presentations
- Conduct, write and present on global research that aligns to the Qualtrics value proposition, at industry conferences, academic journals and collaboration with Universities and research institutes.
- Where needed, contribute to product and business development activities
- 7+ years experience working with clients on their survey programs, or Data Science function
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in research methodology and/or data science
- Proficient with building data science and statistics models using R, Python or SPSS
- Have a strong understanding of good research methodology; item design and data collection
- A blend of agency-side experience as well as internal-client experience is ideal, although candidates from either side will be considered
- Experience working with large and complex enterprises
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Consultative and relationship builder who can quickly understand client needs and requirements
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work spacee
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.