As the first Pre-Sales Engineer in country you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical/functional support to the Sales team, customers and prospects. The pre-sales team is very collaborative and supportive; but you will be expected to work with a high degree of independence. You will be required to provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver high quality Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Qualtrics solutions. Design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Presents and articulates Qualtrics product’s strengths, relative to competitors.
The Expectation for Success
- Fluency in English
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative or technical degree (E.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance).
- At least 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level technical buyers.
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
Even Better if you Have ...
- Previous Sales/Systems Engineering experience
- Previous experience required in survey/data collection or market research software and systems, including pre or post-Sales support
A Day in the Life
- Become an expert in Qualtrics Research Suite and other Qualtrics products
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going technical consultation
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, expanding usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve technical abilities of inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends.
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.